miércoles, 14 de junio de 2017

tenses review

Use the present simple or continuous tenses and future forms to complete this text. 

I ..................... (not do) housework on Sundays normally. But tomorrow I ................................. (tidy) my room, because my boyfriend Jim ...................... (come). The bus ......................... (arrive) at 10. I think Jim ...................... (come) on time as usual, because he .................... (like) to be punctual. I ...................................... (look) forward to him. We .................... (have) a date every Sunday and I ..................... (always look) forward to him. Tomorrow we .......................... (have) a special date. We ........................... (go) to see his parents. We ........................... (have) a good time, I hope.


Make questions to match the answers. 

1. What time ....................................................... ?
The meeting starts at 8.30 tonight.
2. ......................................................................... ?
No, I don't watch TV every day.
3. What ............................................ after school?
I don't know what I'll do.
4. ........................................................................ ?
Yes, she is going to try it.
5. When .............................................................. ?
He is leaving next month.


Use past tenses, present perfect or past simple

1. She loves Paris. She ..................... (be) there many times.
2. Bill ....................... (work) in that company for 3 years. (He still works there).
3. They ....................... (go) to London on holiday last summer.
4. I ....................... (read) that book. It´s good.
5. His parents ....................... (be) here yesterday.
6. They ....................... (go) to Germany when he ....................... (be) only 4.
7. ........... you ......... (watch) any film last night?
8. I ....................... (have) a couple of toasts for breakfast this morning.
9. He ....................... (live) in Rome since he was a teenager.
10. The house looks different. .......... you .............. (paint) it?
11. I ....................... (not see) you in class last Friday.
12. Shakespeare ....................... (write) over one hundred sonnets.

Choose the present simple or present continuous: 

She (not / go) to the cinema very often.
You usually (arrive) late.
He normally (eat) dinner at home.
(You / study) every night?
(They / work)  late usually?
You (not / go)  out later.
I (not / work) tonight.
(She / work)at the moment?
 I (not / drink) coffee very often.
Julie (sleep) now.


Use past simple or past continuous

 It (be) a day last September. The sun (shine), the birds(sing). I  (walk) along the street when I
 (meet) an old friend.

He(live) in Russia when the Revolution  (start).

When her train  (get) to the station, we (wait) on the platform.

He (be) so annoying! He (always / leave) his things everywhere.

On holiday we (visit) Rome, (see) the Vatican, and  (spend) a few days at the beach.

Why  (you / stand) on a chair when I(come) into the room?

They (live) in Germany when they (be) young.

At 7pm yesterday, we  (listen) to music.

When I  (leave) the house, it  (snow)

He  (work) in a bank when he (meet) his wife.

Choose the present perfect or past simple

Lucy  (break) her leg, so she can’t come skiing.

Julie (arrive)! Come and say hello!

They (be) cold when they (arrive)  home.

Jack  (break) his arm when he (fall)  off a horse in 2005.

I (know) about the problem for months, but I (not / find) a solution yet.

A: When  (you / arrive)?
B: At 10pm last night.

She (be) a teacher for ten years, and she still enjoys it.

How long(you / know) Jill? I know you see her often.

I  (see) the sea before.

A: Hello
B: Hi Mum, it’s me. I just wanted to say I(arrive) safely
and everything is fine.


Translate into English

Mi padre friega los platos y plancha nuestra ropa
Me gusta ese cuadro pero no me gustan tus cortinas
El salón de Javier tiene una alfombra y dos sofás amarillos
Ayer compré un abrigo, dos vaqueros y una camisa
Odio el invierno porque hace frío y los días son cortos y tristes
Mi madre está enfadada porque no ordené mi habitación anoche
Yo no se hablar inglés todavía pero estoy aprendiendo
¿Por qué has lavado mi camisa? Porque estaba sucia
¿Qué estabas haciendo cuando te llamé? Un filete con patatas
¿Qué vas a hacer esta tarde? Voy a casa de mi hermana
Mañana iré a la biblioteca. Tengo que aprobar el exam.
Tu coche está muy sucio. Es verdad, lo limpiaré mañana.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario